Theme II: Child Nutrition (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
DYK it takes 10- 15 tries of a new food before kids accept them? Keep serving those GO foods and they’ll start to like them! #GoSlowWhoa
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
- You can email a digital copy of the posters to parents.
- Post (at least) one picture of a GO food on social media and explain the GO, SLOW, WHOA terminology. Use #GoSlowWhoa.
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Emphasize the importance of eating more fruits and vegetables.Some ideas...
- Praise students for selecting fruits and vegetables from the serving line.
- If the district nutritionist has aligned the menu with the GO, SLOW, WHOA language, ask the principal if you can share the daily menu during morning announcements (See Eat Smart Guide or access the Promotion section online.).
- Speak to the PTA to request funding for taste-testing samples of different fruits and vegetables.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Arrange a cafeteria tour with two or three classes. Students and teachers will enjoy understanding how food is prepared and moved to the serving line.During the tour…
- Identify the different areas where food is stored, cooked and prepared.
- Have students be on the lookout for GO foods.
- Discuss the different food groups and how many servings healthy bodies need each day.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Move a bit more. It doesn’t take an expensive gym membership to get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Try to accumulate 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Park farther away to increase the amount you walk each day.
- Stretch during a TV show.
- Invest in a pedometer or activity tracker.
- Walk with students.