Theme IV: Specialized & Support Staff (9wk)
|Social Media Sample|
Kids model the behaviors of adults that surround them. Use the hashtag #CATCHMVP to show us how you’re a role model for healthy habits!
See Social Media Theme & Hashtag Prompts for more
★ ONE STAR TASK
Strut your healthy stuff! Coordinate with the PE Teacher and the Cafeteria Manager about how you can contribute to their CATCH projects.You can…
★★ TWO STAR TASK
Recognize the campus health MVPs. Thank the CATCH Champion, the CATCH Team and the Cafeteria and other staff for their efforts.Some ideas...
- Celebrate Child Nutrition Services Employee Appreciation Week (the first week in May). http://www.schoolnutrition.org/ResourceCenter.aspx (click on Staff Appreciation and Events).
- Present Team members with an appreciation certificate at a faculty meeting; acknowledge the Team in the school newsletter.
- Write thank you letters to school staff who serve on the CATCH Team.
★★★ THREE STAR TASK
Assist Parent Leaders with promoting summer recreational opportunities in the community.
- Post (at least) one local idea/option for kids and/or families to engage in healthy summer activities. Use #GOsummer.
♥ MY HEALTH BOOSTER
Plan for your next snack attack and be prepared. Don’t be tempted by vending machines or fast food. Keep a variety of tasty, nutritious, ready-to-eat snacks at home, work, or wherever you might be.
- Make little bags of baby carrots, nuts or dried fruit to help stop hunger. Pack one serving per bag so you are aware of how much you eat.
- A serving of no fat or low fat yogurt, carrots with hummus, or apples with peanut/almond butter will help give you an energy boost.