Stunt Double Tag - #111
|Stunt Double Tag - #111|
|Section:||Go Fitness: Tag You're It! - Aerobic Games|
|Equipment:||Cones to designate activity area, scarves/pinnies to identify “Its”|
|Skill Theme(s):||Traveling, chasing, fleeing, & dodging|
|Movement Concept(s):||Force (fast, sudden); spatial awareness (direction, pathways); relationships (with people)|
- Students work with a partner.
- Select one-fourth of the pairs to be “Its” and give each pair a scarf/pinnie.
- Remaining pairs are scattered in a designated activity area.
- On signal, “Its” attempt to tag other pairs.
- Pairs (including “Its”) that break their hand grip or fall down must stop and do 5 jumping jacks before they can rejoin hands. “Its” are allowed to tag pairs doing jumping jacks.
- Tagged pairs report to the perimeter of the activity area and must perform a partner stunt before returning to the game.
- Demonstrate and/or post the various partner stunts before beginning the activity.
- Have students hold a scarf or fabric strip instead of holding hands.
- Change “Its” every 2-3 minutes, and have students work with a variety of partners.
Now Try This:
- Make Stunt Double Cards and scatter them around the perimeter of the gym. Tagged students must go to a new area and do a different partner stunt each time they are tagged.